I’m interested in working with a company or companies in the eCommerce industry that wants to both grow and improve delivery of its services. I’ve been involved with Magento from its early days, beginning as a merchant and more recently as Chief Operating Officer of Jamersan, a Magento Professional Solutions Partner.
As a business owner and consultant myself, I’ve developed a broad skill set, but I’ve really got two passions that are very closely related to each other: developing more business and ensuring that those customers are retained by providing world-class delivery.
I’d welcome an opportunity to discuss any opportunities you might have within your organization, including fractional employment or consulting.
Jamersan LLC – began working with them in 2015 to evaluate business practices and work on growth plan. When I started there, the firm had 2 employees plus the owner, who was working 60+ hour weeks on web development tasks and could not focus on business development. I was full-time COO from early 2016 on, and took on W-2 status from January 2017 to September 2108 at owner’s request. During this period the company approximately tripled in size and achieved partner status with Magento and other technology platforms.
- Improved accounting procedures by transitioning company to new accounting software. Previous methods did not provide for true accounting on P&L, income statements, etc.
- Developed employee handbook and numerous procedures related to staffing, project management, and delivery.
- Advised and assisted in transition from small, local customer base of Magento community edition (freeware) projects to mid-size national clients who pay for Magento Enterprise licenses.
- Advised and assisted in first remote developer hires – majority of staff is now remote and home-based, saving thousands in relocation and office expenses, as well as securing higher-level hires than were otherwise possible.
- Helped owner develop working relationships, partnerships, and contracts with Magento and other technology partners in the eCommerce community.
- Was instrumental in developing sales and marketing processes and development of sales funnel.
- Frequently planned for and attended industry events like Imagine, IRCE, Meet Magento NYC, and other industry events.
- Planned, promoted, and attended numerous Magento-oriented meetups in cities in the southeast, as well as Ohio.
AKD in Montgomery AL – 2009-2015 I managed Magento eCommerce and fulfillment operations for AKD, and other projects as required. AKD operates uniform programs, member stores, and similar operations for leading organizations nationwide, and is one of the largest providers of screen printing, embroidery, and ad specialty products in the region. I managed member stores, online employee uniform programs for national companies, and fulfillment programs. My team and I maintained the LAMP server environment for these programs, worked with contract web developers, performed work on Magento stores, and maintained PCI certification for all aspects of the business. I worked with clients ranging from a rapidly growing local private school for school uniforms through regional utilities like Southern Company (Alabama Power) and national brands like Bonnie Plant Farm.